Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Power of the Fast, 2/2/15

Hola! 


This week has been a good week here. We are starting from zero with investigators and trying to find new people to teach, I know that there are many people here who are ready for this message, we just need to find them.
Yesterday was fast sunday and we had the coolest experience. We started fasting Saturday after lunch and we were fasting so that we could find new people to teach and we started our fast and then left the house to go visit one of our converts. As we were walking to her house there was a man that passed us on his bike that said Hola Hermanas and passed. I turned to my companion and I was like, I have no idea who that is. We kept walking and the man returned on his bike. He started telling us how he hasn't been to church in 5 months due to that he has been sick and I realized that I did know him, he is a returned missionary that the missionaries had always told me was helping in the obra. He told us that he had a cousin that he wanted us to teach. She has been to church before and he thinks that this could be her time to join the chruch. She was in San Fernando so we couldn't visit her right in the moment but we have an appointment with her tonight and I am so excited because I think this is who the Lord is preparing for our message.
This week I have also thought a lot about our baptismal covenant. What we promised at baptism. All of you should read in Mosiah 18:8-10. We knew that when we got baptized we were submitting to ourselves to a life long of service. BUt we did it because we love the gospel and we love the Lord. What I have learned in my life is that as we serve others and think less about ourselves, we are happier people. Hopefully all of us can dedicate ourselves even more to the Lord and we can serve him with happy hearts! 

I love you all! 
Con amor
Hna Ayre


No comments:

Post a Comment