Sunday, August 9, 2015

New Companion (Hna. Silberman) 4/6/15


Hola Familia! 

Wow,we have had many things happen in this past week here in Machali. But this was the last week of transfers and we will now be getting split apart Hna Chapman and I. We´re very sad but we knew that we weren´t going to stay together. When you get along so well with your companion, its a sign that its not going to last very long. My new companion will be Hna Silberman. She is from Brazil but has red hair and looks like a gringa, she has 4 months here in the mission. Voy a falar portuguese. Im excited President told me that she is great. Its funny because for the majority of my tranfers I have known them before hand.
 
But this week we had an amazing experience. We have been teaching this man named Carlos this whole transfer and he was very close to the catholic church and went every single day to  the church to pray at lunch time. But his wife is a member menos activo and two weeks ago, we gave Carlos a talk from president Monson, Examine the Paths of your feet and when we went back to talk to him, we asked him if he thought what was said in the talk was true and if he believed that Monson was a prophet of God and he told us Si! He actually cried in the lesson because he told us that he has seen so many changes in his life and he knows its because he met us. He told us that he knows the church is true! It was a miracle! I am very grateful for a living prophet and His words and that God still talks to his children in these days.
 
Speaking of conference, it was so great! I don't remember who´s talk it was but I loved the talk that talked about how we just need to be truly good and without guile. We don't need the praises of the world or positions of leadership to do good. The apostle said, actually some of greatest acts of service will only be recognized by God. It made me think of Grandma. I think she is one of the greatest examples of me to be truly good and without guile. Also I loved Uchtdorf´s talk on grace. We´re not saved because of all that we can do, rather we are saved after all that we can do, there is a huge difference. I think of Hollands talk too about the two brothers. Truly we cannot save ourselves. Only our Lord Jesus Christ could do it for us. I think to myself how grateful I am for Him. What a miracle it is to me that God could love such unworthy people even so much that He would give His own son to us. We fall short so many times but we have the hope that He is always there. I think it is the greatest blessing in the world that I have this time in the mission to be able to help other people know their Savior and feel of his love. Well I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

besitos
Hna Ayre

No comments:

Post a Comment