Sunday, August 9, 2015

Faithful Servant 2/16/15


Hola Todos!

This week was a great week here in Santa Cruz! My companion and I continue working hard! We are loving being together and we are afraid that in this next week when we have transfers they are going to split us apart. its amazing to see how each one of us changes as we pass through the time in the mission and how we begin to see things differently. The mission is the best, even with all the problems there is nothing better that I could imagine doing with my life right now. 

We had a new member that moved into our branch this last week that taught the class in relief society and she talked about something that truly impacted me. This women is a single mom that has two little daughters and one of them has health problems. She also lives with her mother who is in the starting stages of parkinsons disease. She works all day to provide for her family and has passed through very difficult things in her life, but she is the most faithful servant that there is for the Lord. She talked about the importance of carrying our loads well. It truly impacted me that for someone who has all the reason in the world to complain about her circumstances doesn't do it. She puts on a good face and she does what she has to do to provide for her family every day. It was such a good reminder to me that no matter what the trial is, we can support it well. We don't have to be sad people. we can always choose to be happy. Also everyone should read DyC 64:33-34. its one of my new favorite scriptures. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment