Sunday, August 9, 2015

Machali 3/2/15


Hola! 

Wow, this week has been a crazy week. I feel that I am in a whole different world here in Machali. Our sector here in Machali is all the cuicos (rich people). Also its a ward not a rama and there are so many people that it is overwhelming. In my other area I knew all of the members and super super well but I don't know if we are going to be able to get to know all the members so well here. My companion is super great! She is from Herriman Utah. She is the first companion that I have had who is younger than me. I have always been the youngest in my sectors so it's really weird to not be the youngest. Hna Chapman is in the process of learning spanish. But she is really trying, she almost never speaks english. She tries her best to speak spanish. It was hard though because this week we had a lesson with a member Dani and Hna Chapman told me and Dani that in the last cita they had that they watched the video and I asked her if it was the video of the restoration and she said yes so in the lesson Dani and I were making references to the video of the restoration and the menos activo Nicol had no idea what we were talking about, and we were like, wait, you didn´t see the vid of the restoration and she told us no. And after the lesson, I was like, wait, hna Chapman what vid did you see and she was like the one with Elder Holland. It had nothing to do with the restoration. It made us laugh. But everyday her spanish is getting better. 

Well, this week our mission president challenged us to read the book of mormon from the begining and we need to finish it before april 30. I am really excited about the challlenge. I started over this week and it is amazing how every time you read the book of mormon you learn something new. I love the book of mornon and I love how as I read this book I feel closer to my savior and I learn what He needs me to learn if I am listening. 

Funny story for the week, we got home to our house on thurday night and when we walked in the house, I realized that I didn't have the cellphone and I was praying in my heart that Hna Chapman had it but she didn't have it. I left it in the house of an investigator. and normally I would just borrow the cellphone of another hermana in the house but we live solas and so we had to go to the neighbors house who isn't very happy with us because our grass is dead in front of the house and borrow her cellphone. Luckily we had written the number of the woman but the next day we had to go to the mission house and neither of us knew how to get their so I needed to call the elders but we didn't have their number and I had no idea what to do but then I remembered in my other agenda I had the number of the zone leaders in Santa Cruz so I had to call the zone leaders in santa cruz to get the number of the zone leaders here and then call them. I felt so dumb! I have a goal to be more organized because this isn't the first time that I lost the cell phone. But the good news is the next day we got it back so at least I didn't have to buy a new one this time.
 
Well hasta la proxima semana! Les quiero! 
Hna Ayre

No comments:

Post a Comment