Sunday, August 9, 2015

Starting to get Cold 6/15/15

HOLA!

What a week this has been! We keep working hard here in Rengo. Its starting to get really cold. Especially on our bikes, but thats ok we dont want to stop using them because we lose a lot of time if we aren't on wheels. One hermana here told us that we should by one of those face masks to keep us from getting too cold, but i think it would be a little too ridiculous. Who knows, we may end up doing it. 

This week we had zone conference and the day before the assistants called me and told me that they needed me and the other hermana coordinadora, Hna Hall (who was my companion for two weeks) to teach about the importance of how to begin teaching in PME. I feel that I have changed so much because a year ago if the elders called me to teach in front of two zones the day before, I literally would have died. But now I just do it! It was actually fun to have to prepare what we were going to say and how to do it creatively! We did a practice with the whole zone of how to use the bullet points of how to begin teaching without being robotic and teaching to their needs. It was fun because Hna Hall and I had to do an example of how the practice was going to be and we used the assitants and president and Hna Warne to help us. I learned so much about how I can better my teaching for having to teach other people about how to better their teaching skills. 

Also this week, we saw a huge miracle. At the beginning of the transfer my companion and I contacted a women who was sweeping her driveway and she told us that she works alot and that the only day she had ffree was sunday. So finally last Sunday we found her and her and her husband let us into her house and we talked with them and explained a little bit of our message but becaue they have two little kids, it was hard to teach them  because the little kids were running around and the parents couldnt concentrate very much. But this sunday, we returned to teach them and there was a huge change in them! We could only teach Vilma because Pablo was sleeping. But she had been waiting for us and two minutes before we arrived, she went and locked the fence because she thought that we werent going to come. And she thought it was a miracle when we arrived. She had read the whole pamphlet we left her on the restoration before we came and was going to pray but she told us she didnt have a quiet moment to do it before we arrived but that she was going to do it when her kids went to bed. But it was a miracle because we sang and the two kids remained tranquilos during the whole lesson! The spirit was so strong! And Vilma accepted to be baptized! Her only concern was with work she didnt know at what time she was going to be able too! She is so great and her husband is so great too! The only problem is its not her husband its her boyfriend but recently before we arrived they had decided that they wanted to get married! 

Well I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Un abrazo 
Hna Ayre

 oh also, there is a sister in my ward that served in the same mission as Lindsay in España! Her name is sister Bustamante. She said that she met Lindsay one time in interviews and that they had one of the same companions that is from Bolivia! Small world!

No comments:

Post a Comment