Sunday, August 9, 2015

Companions and Great Friends 3/9/15


hola!!!!!!!!!! 

This week has been a good week for my companion and I! We are just best friends. It's funny how much we have in common. Its really great because we have the same opinions of lots of things and so in that aspect the work is really easy. we are still in process of finding new people to teach but I know that they are there. Something that I learned this week is about seeing the people of how they can become and not who they are right now. Its truly amazing to think about the love that God has for everyone of us and that he is not a favor of persons rather he sees a ´potential gigante in every one of us. I have felt that as I have testified to the people this week of the truth of the gospel that truly every person is of great worth for our Savior.
 
We received the cookies that mom and dad gave us this week! And we have been super happy. It was a year ago since the last time I have eaten dad's cookies. Dad made them perfectly! 

So funny story for the week... On saturday we didn't enter any home all afternoon and we were leaving the poblacion where we were to go play soccer with members and investigators and as we were leaving there was an elderly woman who greeted us tan friendly that we had to return to talk to her and she let us into her house without us even saying anything and I was like, wow miracle for the day. And then her mom came out of her room and we taught these two abuelitas juntas and it was hard because they didn't really understand and they are super catholic so they weren't truly interested in learning more but as we were leaving Hna Chapman invited the woman Raquel to give the last prayer and she goes bueno, and stood up and in my head I thought oh know. So I quickly told her, when we pray we direct to heavenly father and I taught her the pasos and then she goes when we pray, we start by crossing ourselves and then her mom stood up and started doing the cross thing that the catholics do (i don't know what thats called) but I was trying so hard not to laugh not that it was funny that they were praying but just the situation that we were in was so funny that I couldn't control myself. And I could feel my comp shaking next to me so it was even harder not to laugh. and then she made us get up and stand in a circle with them hand in hand and they started reciting the Padre Nuestro and I almost lost it. I didn't know what to do, i felt that it wasn't really apropriate for us as missionaries to be participating in their prayer circle but then at the same time I couldn't stop them in the middle of their prayer. And I knew that they wanted us to recite the same thing as them so I just was kind of mumbling under my breath but my comp and I were shaking so hard because we were trying not to laugh and as the prayer ended I was like, we need to get out of this house as fast as we can so we don't offend anymore these woman than we already might have offended them so we said goodbye and left but we could only make it to the gate before the laughs came. I was crying I was laughing so hard. 

My companion is so great because she always tries to find what God wanted us to learn from the day because sometimes its hard here because we haven't been entering a lot of houses but she told me, I think today God wanted me to learn that this work is about being happy and enjoying yourself in the work even when it is hard. 

I have great news! Maribel got baptized in Santa Cruz on saturday! I wish I could have been there but I know that it is for a reason that I had to leave Santa Cruz right before her baptism. The most important is that now finally after 6 months, she is a member of this church. I am soo happy for her and I know that her mom will soon follow in her footsteps. I remember one night in Santa Cruz I was really stressed out for all that was going on there and I was praying that God could help me sleep and feel more tranquila and Maribel came to my mind and I felt that she was part of the answer to my prayer of how the rama was going to progress. I know this church is true and it is the biggest blessing in my life. I love you all! 

Love
Hna Ayre 

No comments:

Post a Comment