Sunday, August 9, 2015

Baptism of Carlos 6/1/15

Hola HOla

Well this week just flew by. It was a very special week for me. We saw many miracles and to top it all off, we surprised Carlos by going to his baptism.
 
The baptism of Carlos was amazing. Its a happiness thats indescribable to see someone like Carlos be baptized. Hna Silberman asked me to speak at the baptism and also Mariela, Carlos´s wife spoke. Mariela spoke about eternal marriage and it was amazing her talk, you would never have known that she was inactive for so many years. She talked about how Carlos was just starting his journey in the church and how they both needed to work so that they can be sealed. Afterwards, Carlos gave his testimony and seriously, it was so heartfelt and just amazing! He talked about his process and how he could say for himself it was true and that the Book of Mormon was key in his conversion. Also at the end of the baptism it was so funny because Carlos chose to sing En el Pueblo de Sion, sorry, I cant remember its name in english, but it made me laugh so hard, it's typical Carlos humor, but it talks about the word of wisdom, and it was so hard for him to stop drinking coffee so it just made me laugh.
 
But also other news, today I received an email from a family that I taught in Santa Cruz, Patricia and Gaston and their son Gaston that recently moved to my first sector Centinela. Gaston (papa) was inactivo when I arrived to Santa Cruz. He this sunday, recieved a calling in Centinela as young mens consajero! I am so happy for him! He is so amazing and I can't express what a blessing it was to hear that they are still doing so well.
 
This week has reaffirmed my testimony of the power of the Book of Mormon. A person can't read the Book of Mormon without changing. In both cases of Carlos and Gaston, the key was the Book of Mormon. I know without a doubt that it is true and God revealed it with the purpose of helping us in these days. I know that if any of us need help, the key is that we search in the Book of Mormon how to resolve our problems. What a blessing it is to have this Book in our lives, we should never forget how blessed we are to have it. 

Love you all and hope that you have a great week!
 
Hna Ayre

No comments:

Post a Comment