Sunday, August 9, 2015

Birthday Week 2/9/15


Hola Todos! 

I had such a great birthday this week, thank  you for all of the birthday wishes! Last night, one of the members had a noche de hogar with a convert family and invited us and they celebrated my birthday. It was so sweet of them. Also in the house the Hnas were so kind to me, they turned off my alarm and woke up before me and blew up balloons and woke me up at the hour singing happy birthday. We also found betty crocker cake mix and frosting here so I got a chocolate cake for my birthday. It was a day that I will not forget. I will try to send photos. 

This week something that has been on my mind a lot are the two first great commandments. That I think us all as human beings aren't fully obedient to. I think we all should try a little bit harder to love God and to love our neighbors. This world would be such a different place if we could all be a little bit more charitable. We had an experience this week that one of our investigators were kicked out of their home and had to move down the street to live with their mother in law. We went to go help them move all of the things out of their house. If it weren't for us two, they would have been left alone to move all of their stuff and it would have been something really difficult because they have two little girls that they have to take care of. As we were moving stuff around I thought, what a blessing it is to be able to help them. Later, we went and visited one of their neighbors who said I would have helped them but the husband isn't a good guy so I don't think they deserve the help. It made me so sad. The real charity of Christ is helping those that who have done or can't do any good for you, but you still help them because they are still our brothers and sisters.
 
I had such a great birthday present yesterday, we found a woman who is so special. Her name is Marina. She is living with her sister right now because her world was turned upside down this last year, Marina left her house to go live with her boyfriend at the age of sixteen and they lived together for six years but in the last year together, she got pregnant and her boyfriend left her. So she continued on but at the same time she lost her stable job that she had had. So she was left without her pareja and without a job and she kept preparing for the birth of her baby and when she was seven months pregnant she lost her baby. This was as of four months ago. This week, we were walking in the street and we passed her and I just felt that we needed to stop and talk to her and she told us that she had sundays free, so we taught her sunday night and she confided in us so much with the things of her life and she is really interested in our message. I know that she will get baptized, she is so prepared to hear this message, I am so excited for her. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week! 

Con amor
Hna Ayre

No comments:

Post a Comment