Friday, March 14, 2014

Week #3 in the MTC

Hola everyone! I hope everyone has had a great week! I have had another great week here at the CCM! 

I am officially half way through my time here, I feel like I have grown so much. My spanish is good, I feel like I understand pretty much everything the teachers say and I do an alright job responding, but I learned today that I still have a long way to go. 

Before we left for Pday today, our teacher challenged us to street contact while we  were out on the streets and so Hna Cook and I took some pamphlets and a BOM and headed to McDonalds. The other sisters in our district came with us and every time we passed someone we would say hello, but everyone was too scared to actually talk to anyone. So after we had our lovely McDonalds lunch we were heading back to go to the store and then come back to the CCM and I said a little  prayer to have Heavenly Father help me be brave enough to actually talk to someone on the street. We passed a man and I said como esta and he responded and then we just kept walking, but I felt that I should talk to him so I turned around and started talking to him. I asked him if he knew about Mormons and he said he had heard about them but he didn't know any. I asked him if we could share a short message with him but he didn't have time because he was going to an interview so I asked him if we could send some missionaries to his house later to talk with him and he said yes! So I got his address and we're going to pass it on to some of the missionaries! 

Then when we were at the store we started talking to this other man and instead of us teaching him, he started talking to us about the Bible and I hardly understood anything he said. He talked about Joseph Smith so I pulled out a restoration pamphlet to try to teach him about the restoration and he took it and just kept talking about the Bible. I think he was telling us about how he doesn't believe in the trinity because of something that is said in the Bible. When he said that I was like oh we believe the same thing and then I asked him if we could send some missionaries to talk to him and he was like no I move a lot and then I asked him if we could have his telephone number and he told me his cellphone number was going to change so we spent like a good 20 min talking to this guy about who knows what for nothing. We left him with the restoration pamphlet so I hope maybe he'll read over it and want to know more!

No comments:

Post a Comment